Friday, November 7, 2014

Getting Serious

After confronting the different options of if I should have surgery (and when) or just letting the PVNS be in my knee while attempting to manage it, I received a call from a dear old friend.  I told him about the PVNS being in my knee again and the horrible options I have to weigh.  He asked me a few questions and then insisted that I try the Gerson Diet.  He said someone was actually able to reverse their HIV with it.  Now I think that is a grand declaration but since this is the second time someone mentioned "juicing" to me, I think I know what I'm going to do now.

Juice.  Juice, juice, juice.  And drink lots of high antioxidant teas.  I'm sure that consuming free radicals is contributing to the growth of my PVNS so why not try just juicing.  I had already started juicing but wasn't strictly juicing before.  So, from now until the end of the year I'm going strictly juice.  This will be a challenge because there are several holiday events that I attend every year that have amazing food spreads.  And oh boy, do I love food.  I might have to cheat a little on Thanksgiving but otherwise I'm getting serious about just juicing.

The friend that called me was going on and on about a bunch of research he has done and has some great suggestions for me such as trying the Gerson Diet.  And referring me to Marcola where it talks about cutting out all processed foods (BREAD!), non-organic/grassfed beef/red meat, sugar, and bad fats.  That is easy enough.  I just have to go around telling people not to offer any of those things to me and make sure that I do not have them in my house.  I find going out to eat a lot that most American restaurants offer some kind of bread prior to the meal.  Or have things on their menus that contain bread.  So that is going to make me seriously consider where I go out to eat at from now on.  Will have to stick to ordering salad.  But for at home, I'm strictly going to juice organic fruits and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment