Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Totally cheating

I'm up and mobile.  Still dealing with slight pain and swelling.  Went out to a movie last night and that was a challenge to keep my knee bent for 2 hours.  Very uncomfortable.  I did start driving for the first time day before last.  A bit of a challenge but as long as I'm not city driving I'm doing ok. 

Depending on others to feed me during the first few days of recovery proved to blatantly go against my strict diet requests.  I was fed a lot of eggs with cheese and buttered toast.  Not what I requested but because food was prepared for me so infrequently I relented and ate small portions of what was presented. 

Once I was able to move around on my own, the kitchen was not stocked according to my requests of fruits and vegetables.  My mother did attempt to prepare a plate of beets for me.  However, the beets had been in the refrigerator for several weeks and I did not know the condition of the beets before they were prepared and my mother has a habit of cooking up whatever without the alarm of any kind of risk.  She has been known to give a few people food poisoning.   So I did not eat the beets.  I just kind of didn't eat very much while she was here.  But because I was subjected to what was left in the kitchen after she departed, my diet choices were not what I was hoping.

So as far as my attempt to eat a strict diet of fruits and vegetables has gone out the window.  Also I'm trying to avoid foods that are known to be GMO but that is becoming problematic because of the absence of labeling.   Each time I think I'm GMO free, such as a papaya I purchased before surgery, only to find an article of the newest GMO foods to keep away from.  Such as said papaya. 

Although I would love to live off what grows in my garden, it does not yield enough produce to live off of.  So as much as I would like to think that I'm avoiding GMO's I highly doubt that I am. 

And because I don't recall an actual traumatic incident to my knee, which some PVNS sufferers report as an instigating cause, I'm starting to suspect that past GMO consumption could be probably cause of the diffused PVNS I obtained.  I do suspect that because I do attempt to be aware of my diet choices, it could be a dramatic factor in why my PVNS seemed to grow much slower than other cases I have heard about.

It remains to be seen if my PVNS was completely eradicated by the arthroscopy performed.  So I will continue to try to avoid refined foods and GMO suspects as well as start acupuncture treatments to see if that has any effect if the PVNS returns.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment