Thursday, June 13, 2013

Post-Op (warning, graphic content)

I went back to the doctor this morning to have my drain tube removed.  Doctor said if I hadn't had it, then I would have that much more swelling to deal with.  Because he is a genius for keeping the drain tube in overnight, I have no swelling.  Just the pain of the incision points.  I'm able to bend my knee with a little effort.  Lots of ice and steadily taking the pain meds.  I get a little worried about taking too much because I had a bad reaction from taking pain meds from a car accident about 20 years ago.  So I get really freaked out about taking pain meds.  Also I would not want to be addicted to this feeling. 

When I took this photo after the doctor removed the drain tube, he said "you're sick".  We both giggled and I told him about wanting to share it with others and that my photo wasn't half as bad as some of the photos that I have seen.  Yeah it's a little bloody but the difference of the shape of the knee from the before photo just makes me really happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment