Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Surgery complete



This morning I took this photo before I went to the hospital.  It was all performed effortlessly.  My surgeon told me during the pre-op yesterday that he has performed this procedure on a PVNS patient before.  He could not guarantee that I will be free from PVNS. 

Another PVNS sufferer that lives in my state said that he just gets a routine scope annually to clean it out again and will continue to do so until he needs another Total Knee Replacement (TKR).  

Also I know of another case where a TKR was done back in September in Seattle and already is having problems from the PVNS.  I still feel like I have been lucky to have this be my first surgery.  I don't feel much pain other than the points of incision.  I feel like I can move my knee which was difficult to do prior to the surgery.

It became humorous to see the faces of staff cock their head to the side with confusion when I tried to explain what PVNS was.  Many hospital staff got a lesson on a rare disease today.

I have friends and family to take care of me during my recovery which they are saying about 5 days.

Tomorrow I do have to go back and get my blood drain removed.  It makes my best friend woozy to look at it so I have to put it in the pocket of my sweatshirt.  I pretty much went to the hospital in my pajamas.

There was a boy there getting surgery, he couldn't have been more than 2.  My heart went out to him.  I don't know what he was having done. 

The waiting was the worst but there was a humorous hermit crab in the aquarium that couldn't decide which shell to use.

I am speaking very sporadically because I'm heavily medicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment