Monday, June 10, 2013

Counting down to surgery

In 2 days I will be recovering from my first surgery for PVNS, an arthroscopy.  I'm beyond ready.  I can barely walk and can't bend my knee very much.  Last night when I stretched I could feel all of the extra tissue straining and it was very uncomfortable.

I'm so ready for this surgery that I keep thinking it's Tuesday but it's really Monday.
I have plenty to get done before the surgery so that time should fly right on by.

I'm excited and nervous but ready more than anything.  I'm committing the next two weeks to relaxing and studying at a friends house so that I have someone to take care of me.

I had said that I would commit to the diet officially on June 1st but I keep thinking that I just don't want to commit yet.  So it might be hard to switch but I won't really know until after the surgery and faced with the convenience of my kitchen once again. 

I just have to find a way to commit to only buying things I will allow myself to eat.  Then I will have to learn how to navigate restaurant menus and BBQ parties.

I do find that because I'm not yet committed, I'm allowing myself to eat all kinds of nonsense.  I don't think I would be able to stop without reason, so I am using the surgery as the reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment