Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Suspended Animation

During this amazing time in history with the worldwide pandemic of Covid-19 the world has had to embrace something resembling the slow living movement.  However, it rather does closely resemble a suspended animation of people living but not their normal lives.  A massive adjustment to live a new normal is being thrust upon humanity.  It is a time to learn to listen.  To be silent.  To adjust.  To change.  To adapt.

It has been a reminder for me to do everything slowly.  Enjoying each moment and finding the gratitude in the small things.  PVNS forced me into a slower lifestyle and I embraced it.  I took every opportunity to do things slower.  Eating, breathing, deciding, moving.  Everything.  It's exciting to find new things to practice doing slower.

I do feel there are more health benefits to living slower.  I don't suffer the same as other PVNS sufferers.  I do not live in pain. I have diffused PVNS in my right knee and I have a bit of swelling which I do assume to be attributed to the inflammation caused by not always eating the right things.  I do feel that the consciousness of being slow has even slowed down the return of my PVNS since my last surgery nearly 2 years ago. 

And although there is much suffering in the world currently, I find gratitude in the time I have to be slow.  I hope that during this difficult time, people find the gratitude in what they have in this life.  This is a wonderful time to reflect on what truly is important in life.  Despite things in the world not being wonderful at all.  I hope you find simple gratitude during any time of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment