Monday, December 29, 2014

Non-surgical PVNS Remedies

Some doctors are telling patients to get radiation treatments post-op to "kill pvns". 
No it doesn't kill it.  In fact it can mutate it and cause it to become malignant.
It has been known to slow the growth of PVNS but it has not proven to prevent it from growing at all.
Perhaps a handful of people who have received radiation believe it kept it from returning because it was eradicated during the surgery.  I'm very weary of radiation treatments.  Not only are they very hard on your body but they hurt and make you feel awful.  Or so I've heard.  I refuse to get them.

Many people with PVNS have suggested that instead of radiation, try using Frankincense Oil.  They swear by it.  Personally I have not tried Frankincense Oil.  I would assume you could use it topically as well as ingesting it.  Some are also going toward Cannabis Oil as well but since the ability to use it has been restricted in the US for so long there are only a handful of PVNS sufferers that are allowed to try it out legally.

Currently I am working with my acupuncturist to obtain Chinese herbs to see if those will help.

Just remember, there are always healthier alternatives than such invasive if not expensive approaches to controlling or eliminating PVNS.

4 comments:

  1. Im a college football player who suffered from pvns in my left knee. I had to get surgery for it back in 2015 summer right before playing at North Carolina Wesleyan College. I went through physical therapy and lots if athletic training at my college. My knee was stiff and i played well during the season with a weak knee plus scar tissue. Sadly few months later after i transfered from the school,it came back. It was cracking everytime i do a hamstring curl or kick my knee back real fast. I got a cortizone shot and the doctor said itll bring the inflammation down. So now im planning to play ball at a Division 2 program and fight this pvns. GOOD THING is that the 100% Pure Essential oil Frankincense Boswellia carterii i used has help immediately with fighting the inflammation and hopefully bringing the cyst down. I also take glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, and hyaluronic acid all in a pill plus tumeric to help fight this. Plus lots and lots of stretching and foam rolling my knee to fight the stiffness. I will definitely make a video soon. To show and tell everyone the progress. There is hope. Dont give up and trust in God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great to hear you have found remedies to help you with your PVNS and continuing to play ball. Not everyone with PVNS can or are willing to.

      Delete
    2. Hi, Holly Furen
      How about your situation now? The Frankincense oil and change diet is working in these years? And I want to know did accept the surgery, how many times, now can you running or play some sports? I'm reading your article and I think it is useful for me, Yong is back to his college football sport game, that's also a good news for everyone.

      Delete
    3. I did start using Frankincense after this post. The surgeon commented that the PVNS was not as prevalent between surgeries as the first surgery without the use of frankincense. Now I use it every day, sometimes several times a day. I mix mine with CBD and coconut oil. I've never been a big sports player but I do like dancing and yoga. I can't completely bend my knee since my last surgery in April 2018. That was my 3rd surgery in 6 years since I was first diagnosed. But I'm still able to do most things I normally have without much limitation. And I'm pain free. Always good to have good news. Thank you for reading.

      Delete