Thursday, July 23, 2020

Pain Relief For PVNS

Where is time going?  It all has blended together and I have found myself becoming sedentary.
I allowed myself to stop doing the routine things that were maintaining my knee from becoming prevalent with symptoms including pain.  I went from riding a bicycle 6+ miles several times a week and yoga daily to nothing. 

I also have used a topical mix of frankensense and coconut oil infused with cannabis.  Whether it's woowoo or actually works, I'm convinced it does.  I haven't been as diligent to apply it daily.  I'm feeling all of the effects of my lack of motivation to care for my knee properly while there is a pandemic shutting down my normal routine.  

The bridge that gives my neighborhood of $100,000 access to downtown has crippled my mobility further.  Effectively shutting us off from being able to have easy access to the city.  The traffic isn't worth the commute.  The perfect storm of working from home, and not having easy access to my office, eliminates the routine of leaving the house on most days. 

My knee is feeling the effects of my lack of activity.  Recently I invested in exercise equipment to use at home.  A yoga studio space, a small trampoline, and a bicycle attachment that I can ride a stationary bicycle indoors.  The bicycle attachment is loud and vibrates the entire house.  I haven't quite got into a new routine with that.  And quite honestly there is so much political unrest that it is truly not safe to go anywhere.  There were a few dead bodies left on the beach a few miles from my house recently.  So I'm terrified to go on a real bicycle ride in the neighborhood.  I would be horrified if my bicycle broke while I'm miles from home.  Probably an irrational fear to carry, but since it has happened I can't deny that I worry it could happen again.  I've become a recluse.  It is what it is. 

I'm focused on giving my knee more care and attention so that I can stop thinking about amputation and what it would be like to have some cool 3D printed bionic leg replacement that had compartments for my stuff and LED screens that I could have cool designs on.  If I have to think about something about my knee, I want it to be epic.  That way I can stay consistent in my denial that I have anything wrong with me.  

I should also be able to shed the 10lbs I have gained since March if I can find a new routine.

Oh, what does all of this have to do with pain relief?  EXERCISE!  I know for a fact that if you do not keep moving your joint that is effected by PVNS, you will suffer.  I'm going to keep talking about this because it is so important.  I didn't realize how much time has passed since I last posted.  3 months has passed since I wrote something.  And it was also about how important the exercise is.  Try to do something daily.  Low impact of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment