Wednesday, December 18, 2019

PVNS Eventually Goes Away?

What?  Did you read that right?  PVNS just goes away eventually?  On it's own?  Without surgery?  The word I have heard recently from others who suffer from PVNS that they have been told it's possible.  Medical professionals that once diagnosed that there is a peak time for PVNS to "live" but then eventually it stops growing and is no longer an issue.  This is news to me after suffering for well over a decade.  I have had 3 surgeries since being diagnosed 6 years ago and I feel that it's time for another surgery soon.  I have heard other people talk about their many surgeries, joint replacements, and even amputation.  If there was any chance that PVNS "going away" on it's own I would think people would not go to the extreme of amputation or even choose to have repetitive surgeries.  This is the first year I have ever heard of this concept.  I have heard of people getting surgery and it going essentially dormant for a while but then coming back later after several years.  I would not assume anything anyone says in the medical profession is 100% correct.  An interesting concept but I will say this about PVNS, it is different for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment