Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Healing Hands

Had my third arthroscopic synovectomy on Monday.  The surgeon prepared me that I would be in a lot of pain.  That he was going to cauterize the areas that had been effected by PVNS.  I assumed it was one localized tumor that we were dealing with.  He said he didn't believe so.  He expected to poke more holes than before to access the knee.  I was expecting the worst pain ever.  However, because of all the hype I have been feeling great.  The pressure from the wrap on my leg that I have to keep on for another day has evenly displaced all pain.  It just feels like pressure.  I'm feeling more sore from laying around than I am in my leg.  Only a few shooting pains or throbbings but that isn't unusual with just having PVNS anyways.  I have been getting by on one Oxycontin pill a day.   I've countered it's use by puffing on an Indica THC oil cartridge through a vaping pen.   And a tincture with THC I got from a witch.   She gave me a healing massage with hot stones before the surgery and I traded a few boxes of girl scout cookies for the tincture.  Witches are the best.  Whether they be considered shamans or healers.  They are inherently the best people to put their hands on you when you are looking for healing.  Some find priests or whomever the head of your worship is, that by praying with them and having them put their hands on you before a surgery is what they need to speedily recover.  It's that boost of good energy you pull from another that is where it's at.  I truly believe that.  Also, my surgeon extended his hand in a warm welcome when I saw him and I drew in his warmth to soothe my nerves and I believe that helped me as well.  To be too stressed before surgery is not helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment