Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Finding a doctor for PVNS

My family doctor who has to write the referral to see a surgeon has retired so I had to find a new doctor to write referrals.  He is new all right.  I told the new family doctor that I would pretty much be telling him what to do since he has never seen PVNS before.  We didn't know who I could see so he looked up "PVNS surgeons in Seattle" and up pops a guy I had never heard of before.  The family doctor said to go ahead and make an appointment and I can see him.  I do that and the PVNS surgeon's office said first I need the referral.  So now I have to call the family doctor to get the referral because I already got one in the wrong doctors name.  It would be nice if I could just call the surgeon and ask if he can even do this surgery.  I have no idea.  So I have to go through this process over and over until I find the right surgeon.  I have heard stories of people getting their leg cut off because the doctor thought it was cancer or not knowing what it was and sewing the patient back up without removing any of the tumors.  Surgery is not something I'm going to let just any doctor do to me.  I will not get surgery again unless I trust the doctor and if I have to be completely crippled during the wait, so be it.

2 comments:

  1. Please update your blog. After years of going to incompetent drs. about my knee pain, I just found out I have PVNS. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still stuck in the referral nightmare. I don't have anything new to update at this point. Thank you for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete